Hi guys, Josh Bowmar from Bowmar Archery here!
Today, I am going to teach you guys a new way to tie in a peep site, that I think is best.. After doing this once, I am a believer! My peep would not move. You want to make sure your peep is in the perfect spot before you tie it in, because once it’s tied in, it will not move.
Let’s get started.
1) Get two strands of serving. I cut my serving to be about 16-18 inches long.
2) You want to tie a knot on the top of your peep and on the bottom. I start by placing the serving at the top of my peep. I wrap the serving under my string, then tie it like a shoe, but instead I tie around the string three times. When you tighten the string, the knot will be on top of the peep. I suggest following along with my video on Bowmar Bowhunting’s YouTube channel.
3) Next, I tie my knot at the bottom of the peep. You repeat the same three steps that I did before. Again, I recommend following along with my Bowmar Bowhunting YouTube video. Once you have your knot, spin it around so it is opposite of the first knot.
After doing those three steps, you will have four tag ends. I am going to show you what to do with those four ends and it is really important that you do it correctly!
4) The bottom leg will go to the top leg, and the top leg will go to the bottom leg. You are criss-crossing these knots. I started with my bottom leg. I took it through the top and did a “half-hitch.” I do three of these half-hitch knots before I tighten it.
5) I repeat the same process as step four with my top leg. I come up from the bottom and bring it towards the top. Again, I am using the half-hitch knot three times. With the third knot, I pulled both knots tight at the same time until they were tight. They should be crossing over each other.
All the half hitches are meeting in the middle. Now, I go through really easy and keep going from the top and make 12 knots, but you can go a little bit higher.
Now, I did 12 knots, opposite of the other set of 12 knots. I think it looks better this way! I make sure they are super tight and that the peep doesn’t move. I will burn off the rest of the ends and then do the same thing on the other side.
I hope this helps you guys out. This is my new favorite way to tie in a peep site – I won’t be going back!
– Josh Bowmar